Ararat_movie.jpg (203 × 296 pixels, file size: 17 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Ararat film poster
Fair use in Ararat (film)
Though this image is subject to copyright, its use is covered by the U.S. fair use laws because:
- It is a low resolution copy of a film poster/VHS or DVD cover.
- It does not limit the copyright owner's rights to sell the film in any way, in fact, it may encourage sales.
- Because of the low resolution, copies could not be used to make illegal copies of the artwork/image.
- The image is itself a subject of discussion in the article or used in the infobox thereof.
- The image is significant because it was used to promote a notable film.
- Derived from a digital capture (photo/scan) of the Film Poster/ VHS or DVD Cover (creator of this digital version is irrelevant as the copyright in all equivalent images is still held by the same party). Copyright held by the film company or the artist. Claimed as fair use regardless.
|This image is of a poster, and the copyright for it is most likely owned by either the publisher or the creator of the work depicted. It is believed that the use of scaled-down, low-resolution images of posters
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||19:38, 7 September 2009||203 × 296 (17 KB)||Malo||Fair-use Resize -350x510 --> 203x296 as per WP:NFCC|