|Genres||Death metal, grindcore|
|Years active||1989–1999, 2002–2005, 2008-|
|Associated acts||Nembrionic, Putrefied, Unlord, Cardinal, FuckFace, The Untuned, Dauthuz|
Arjan van Exter
Robert van der Mijle
Jehudi van der Poll
Consolation is the name of a former Dutch death metal/grindcore band from the Zaanstreek that formed in 1989. They released three full-length albums through Displeased Records and were called the Dutch "Gods of Grind"; at their peak, in the late 1990s, they were one of the highest rated metal bands in the Netherlands, according to Dutch metal magazine Aardschok.
The band split up in 1999. They more or less restarted in 2002 as Cardinal, playing shows as late as 2005. A real comeback under their old name came in late 2008, when they announced reunion shows at the end of 2008 and the beginning of 2009.
- Unnamed (demo, 1990)
- Beautyfilth (Album, Displeased Records, 1993)
- Hardcore Leeft (split with Nembrionic Hammerdeath and Osdorp Posse, 1994)
- The Truth (EP, Displeased, 1994)
- Brave Melvin from the Southern Point (Album, Displeased, 1995)
- Stahlplaat (Album, Displeased, 1998)
- Dennis Jak (founder) - guitar, vocals
- Toep Duin - drums
- Manoloxx - vocals (- 1996)
- Rein Schorel - bass
- Arjan van Exter - vocals (1998- )
- Robert van der Mijle - guitar, vocals
- "Consolation". Zaanse Pophistorie. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- "Consolation". Popinstituut Nederland. Retrieved 2008-12-18.[permanent dead link]
- Woning, Robbie (Dec 1998). "Report: Death-Benediction, Consolation". Aardschok. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- "Alle Namen Extreme Aggression Festival Bekend". Aardschok Rockommunity. 2005-04-25. Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- "Consolation Plans Reunion Shows". 2008-11-25. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- "Consolation, Seita, Jackal, Laboratory Sickness to Perform at Holland's Zaans Metaal Festival". Blabbermouth. 2008-11-27. Archived from the original on 2008-12-01. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- "Metal Battle". Poppodium Romein. Archived from the original on 2009-02-09. Retrieved 2008-12-18.